Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Pesto

Okay, so this is another one of those not-so-pretty pics. But I mean, it's green blobs. What could you expect me to do?

What you're looking at is a healthy batch of pesto from my own home garden. I have very little sun space for growing edibles, but I do make sure to have some basil plants every year.

These "blobs" have been frozen and are waiting to be bagged and tossed back in the freezer for some quick grab-n-heat pesto pasta dinners.

What do you like to do with pesto?

1 comment:

  1. I like this idea! How many cups of fresh basil did it take to make that cookie sheet full of pesto? And what's your recipe? (I discovered you over on Garden Rant. I have the exact same "problem" you have: compost bins full of roots from surrounding trees. I've been digging a lot this summer trying to get out all the good compost while at the same time tossing aside all those apparently indestructible roots. I now have a nice big pile of them--nothing seems to want to eat them. That's my next experiment: I'm going to keep them all together and see how long it takes for Nature to break them down.)

    ReplyDelete